Gin Fizz is a type of mixed-drink made from sparkling water, gin, and fresh lemon or lime juice.
It's very similar to a Tom Collins, which is almost the same drink as the fizz, save for the addition of sour mix.
Served in a high ball glass, this drink is probably one of the more popular drinks of its kind.
Because only a slight hint of lemon or lime is used, the predominant taste comes from the gin, making
this a very refreshing drink that gin lovers can enjoy.
Garnish your Gin Fizz with a lime wedge
When making this recipe, you don't have to be bound by the lemon or lime juice.
You can also use your own
, in which case you'd be making a Tom Collins
, or a natural sweetener such as a syrup derived from styvia
Moreover, you can also choose to add egg white
to your recipe, which gives the drink a white, foamy top and adds a frothy texture
to the drink. Some people like it, others don't. It's all up to you whether you want to add it in.
I've included optional instructions on how to add egg-white to the drink if you choose to add it.
- 2 oz. of organic gin
- Dash of fresh organic lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of simple syrup or styvia
- Soda water
- Optionl: egg white
- Fill a shaker with ice
- Pour the contents - gin, lime or lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white into the shaker
- Shake vigorously, especially if you use egg white. Shake until the mixture turns frothy
- Strain the mixture into a highball glass
. No ice cubes.
- Top off with club soda
- Garnish and serve